- Medical Doctor degree in the University of Valladolid, 1989-1995.
- Final global qualification: A+.
- M.D. degree prize, San Nicolas Foundation of the Royal Spanish Academy of Medicine.
- Specialist in Cardiology - access via MIR (national residency exam: number 11). Gregorio Marañón General Hospital, 1996-2001.
- Specific training in Cardiac Electrophysiology, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, 2001-2002.
- Master in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiac Electrophysiology, University Complutense in Madrid (2001-2003).
- FIS-Fulbright Scholarship for Basic Electrophysiology Research in 2003. Institute for Cardiovascular Research. State University of New York, Syracuse, NY, USA.
- PhD in Medical Sciences, University Autonoma in Madrid (2004). Doctorate extraordinary prize.
- Accreditation for specific training in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing. Spanish Society of Cardiology and European Society of Cardiology (EHRA).
- Specialist in Cardiology, Arrhythmias Unit, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, 2004-2014.
- Director of Optical Mapping Laboratory, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, 2005-2013.
- Head of Arrhythmias by open public competition, University Hospital Ramón y Cajal, 2014.
Radio and television
- TVE - Dr. Javier Moreno Planas explains how technology supports cardiac healthcare.
- rTVE, Esto es vida - Dr. Javier Moreno Planas provides recommendations on preventing a myocardial infarction.
- Telemadrid, Madrid Contigo - La Salud - Dr. Javier Moreno Planas explains the latest technologies for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Antena 3, Espejo Público - Dr. Javier Moreno Planas, sudden cardiac death and malignant arrhythmias.
Publications and research activity
- 35 publications in national and international journals and books.
- 40 lectures in national and international congresses and scientific meetings.
- Principal investigator or co-investigator in 15 multi-centre studies.
- Co-investigator in FIS grants, Mutua Madrileña and SEC studies.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Cardiology (SEC) since 2000. Member of the Division in Electrophysiology and Arrhythmias of the Spanish Society of Cardiology since 2000. Member of the following SEC working groups: implantable cardiac defibrillator (since 2000), Cardiac Resynchronization (since 2003).
- Member of the Abstract Selection Committee of the national congress on Cardiology since 2005.
- Reviewer of scientific articles on arrhythmias in different national and international scientific journals.
Training and teaching activities
- Director and Co-Director of training courses in radiofrequency ablation, transeptal puncture, epicardial access for ventricular arrhythmias and CRT implant.
- Chief instructor of young electrophysiologists since 2005 (San Carlos Clinical Hospital, University Hospital Ramon y Cajal).