- Medical Doctor degree in the University of Murcia, 1986
- Specialist in Cardiology - access via MIR. Univesity Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 1992.
- PhD in Medical Sciences, University of Alcalá (1993): Atrial fibrillation in Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. Clinical and Electrophysiological data. Effect of d,l sotalol”.
- Specialist in Cardiology, Arrhythmias Unit, Univesity Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 1996-present.
Training and teaching activities
- Associate Lecturer in Cardiology. Dept of Medicine, University of Alcalá (1997-present).
- Positive evaluation by the ANECA as Professor obtained in 2009.
- Director of 5 concluded PhD studies.
- Coordinator of the national working group on cardiac resynchronization of the Spanish Society of Cardiology (since June 2000).
- Director, Master in Cardiac Pacing.
Publications and research activity
- Accreditation for specific training in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing. Spanish Society of Cardiology and European Society of Cardiology (EHRA).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Cardiology (SEC) since 2000. Member of the Division in Electrophysiology and Arrhythmias and Cardiac Pacing of the Spanish Society of Cardiology since 2000. Member of the following working group on arrhythmias (SEC) and scientific initiatives and Atrial Fibrillation website (EHRA).
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Spanish Journal of Cardiology.
- Member of the Abstract Selection Committee of the national congress on Cardiology since 2005.
- Reviewer of scientific articles on arrhythmias in different national and international scientific journals.